Last modified: August 8, 2022
The Baking Notification Project ("Company" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.thebakingnotificationproject.com (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website, and
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or through the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your State Privacy Rights for more information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information that you voluntarily provide us, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, public social media links, postal address and general location data, email address, telephone number, photo, payment information, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information"); and/or,
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your baking skills and preferences and, if you are a subscriber, a celebration month;
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our services, subscribing to our service, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website or services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Information that you provide by filling out our general information form found at https://airtable.com/shr4PUlcbDHM8vMCs.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website. You may be required to provide financial information when subscribing to our services provided through the Website and SMS (text) notification.
You also may provide us with information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to modify information contained in your User Contributions.
At this time, we do not use automatic data collection technologies to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns.
Text Marketing and Notifications
By providing your phone number to benefit from our SMS (text) messaging notification service, you agree that we may send you text notifications to provide the services and text marketing offers. Text marketing messages will not exceed 30 a month. You may refuse to provide your phone number, and this may lead to your inability to participate in the notification service.
If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving text marketing messages and notifications reply with STOP to any mobile message sent from us. You understand and agree that alternative methods of opting out, such as using alternative words or requests will not be accounted as a reasonable means of opting out. Message and data rates may apply.
Unsubscribing from receiving text marketing messages and notifications will only disable notifications and will not affect payment processing. If you wish to cancel your subscription, text “CANCEL” or email us for support at email@example.com.
For any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to opt out, please follow the procedures above.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' baked goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please notify us of your preferences by emailing email@example.com, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our affiliates
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- For subscribers, to bakers to provide their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- For bakers, to subscribers to market your products or services to them if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address or phone number used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by at any other time by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a transaction for services provided by the Company.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Residents of certain states, such as California, Nevada, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your State Privacy Rights for more information.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change the personal information that you have provided to us by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your State Privacy Rights
State consumer privacy laws may provide their residents with additional rights regarding our use of their personal information.
If you are a California resident, you may exercise certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) related to your personal information. We adopt this section to comply with the CCPA and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this section.
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (i.e. personal information as defined under the CCPA). This does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA's scope. For example, health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA), clinical trial data, or other qualifying research data; or, personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
The personal information we collect, and sources for that information, are described above under “Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It.” It includes the following categories:
- Personal identifiers, such as name, contact information, email address, signature, gender, information from your government identification if provided to process a payment, date of birth/age, photos you send us, and other unique or online identifiers;
- Customer records, such as payment information and other financial account information you provide us to pay for a purchase;
- Commercial and transactional information, such as products and services purchased; and
- Profiles and inferences drawn from the information above.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services You purchase.
Use of Information. California residents have the right to “opt out” of the sale of their personal data to third parties. We do not sell personal information. We may use, or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to subscribe to our services, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate the provision of the services.
- To provide and improve our services.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
We may disclose these categories of personal information to third-party affiliates and service providers to fulfill our business purposes.
Submit a CCPA Rights Request. If you are a California resident, the CCPA gives you the right to request that we disclose the personal information we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which your personal information was collected, our purpose for collection, and the categories of personal information we disclose and to whom. California residents also have the right to request that we delete their personal information, subject to certain exceptions. You may make CCPA requests or exercise these rights at no charge up to twice every 12 months. California residents are requested to retain copies of any literature issued in relation to the provision of Our services.
If you are a California resident and wish to exercise your rights under the CCPA, you may submit a request by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to protect our customers’ personal information, and as required under the CCPA, we will verify your identity by matching the information provided by you with the information we have in our records. In some cases, we may request additional information in order to verify your request, or where necessary to process your request. If we are unable to adequately verify a request, we will notify the requester. You may submit a request on your own behalf, or you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. Authorized agents will be required to provide proof of their authorization, and we may also require that the relevant individual directly verify their identity and the authority of the authorized agent.
We will confirm receipt of your request within ten (10) business days. We endeavor to substantively respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to another 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
The CCPA grants California residents the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising their privacy rights. We respect Your privacy rights and we do not discriminate against individuals for exercising their rights.
California’s ‘Shine the Light’ Law. Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, a California resident with whom we have an established relationship has the right to request information about our disclosure of personal information to affiliated companies or third parties for their direct marketing purposes, within the immediately preceding calendar year, subject to certain exceptions. To exercise this right, please contact us by emailing us at email@example.com, Subject: Privacy Team: Shine the Light.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute's opt-out requirements.
Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah Residents
Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether we process their personal information.
- Access and delete certain personal information.
- Data portability.
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to:
- Correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information's nature processing purpose.
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
To exercise any of these rights please by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
To register a complaint or concern, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.